I know it's summer and you have exciting places to go and things to do. But wait! Did you forget
Lots of people fall off the exercise wagon during summer months due to vacations, taking care of kids home for the summer months, and other warm weather distractions. I get it, I really do, but what about all the amazing perks that you're missing out on?
Just in case you needed a little reminder that will motivate you to lace those shoes back up and get your workout back on, here are 10 Awesome Reasons to Exercise Today!
1. Exercise makes your clothes fit better: Consistent exercise will tone and tighten your body, and this means that your clothes will not only fit better they will also look nicer. But don't get too attached to your current clothes. Exercise ensures that soon you'll be trading those current clothes in for smaller sizes.
2. Exercise reduces your stress: Let's face it, you have enough stress in your life—so take a break. A challenging workout invigorates your muscles and leaves you relaxed and less stressed.
3. Exercise boosts your energy: Research routinely concludes that exercise increases energy levels in sedentary people. So when you're feeling fatigued, fight it with the most powerful tool available: exercise.
4. Exercise makes you stronger: Who doesn't want to be stronger? You rely on your body's muscle strength and endurance throughout each day. With consistent, challenging exercise, your body will naturally become stronger.
5. Exercise burns calories: Extra calories end up stored on your body as fat. Fight back by eliminating loads of calories with fat-blasting workouts.
6. Exercise gives you confidence: Healthy confidence is a wonderful thing to have. By exercising consistently you're able to increase your natural confidence.
7. Exercise can be fun: Don't laugh, I'm serious on this one. Whether you believe it or not, exercise can be really enjoyable. Remember how fun it was to run and jump as a child? Tap into your inner child as you find enjoyment in moving your body through exercise.
8. Exercise reduces your blood pressure: Exercise is so powerful that it has been proven more effective than medication in reducing high blood pressure. A single workout has even been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day, and consistent exercise reduces overall blood pressure.
9. Exercise tightens your problem areas: With exercise you can reduce flab on your arms, legs and waistline. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a consistent, challenging exercise program.
10. Exercise increases your insulin sensitivity: Research continues to prove that exercise dramatically improves insulin sensitivity. Peak after-meal insulin levels have been shown to drop by more than 20 percent after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
The Many Ways of Strength Training
Resistance training is no longer limited to dumbbells and barbells. Each of the following are effective ways to challenge your body with resistance:
* Medicine Balls
* Exercise Bands
* Weight Machines
* Body Weight Training
* Suspension Training
Quote of the Day
"Good habits are hard to form but easy to live with. Bad habits are easy to form but hard to live with."